JAN

Start Every Day With A Smile

My mother always said I should start every day with a smile.

Well, I’ve been thinking about it, and that’s a pretty tough task. When I wake up, my mouth is usually in a frowning position. And no, it’s not because I’m sad. That’s just my face. When I sleep, I have literal resting bitch face.

Frown aside, my mouth is overcoming additional obstacles. Sometimes it’s dry and chapped. Sometimes it’s wet and drooly. Sometimes it’s covered in whipped cream from the kinky night before.

Sorry Mom, but I can’t do it. There’s no possible way for me to follow your advice.

Yes, I suppose I could adjust my face as soon as I’m coherent, but technically, that’s not starting my day with a smile. It doesn’t count.

And besides, I don’t have the acting chops to pull off the switcheroo. Somebody would catch me. Somebody always catches me when I fake things in bed.

Even if I could fool the world with an Oscar-worthy performance, I’d run into other problems. Like, am I supposed to interpret the day literally? Should I be smiling at precisely 12:00 AM?

This is problematic. Most midnights, I’m not even asleep yet. To follow the rules, I’d have to smile before I go to sleep. I would no longer be starting my day in the morning, but rather, I’d be starting my day in the middle of the previous night. I’d be starting my day on the previous day before the previous day even ended, and my bedtime would be my morning. None of this makes any damn sense.

And what if I am asleep at midnight? Unless I develop a habit of sleep-smiling, I’m doomed. I’d have to find a way to physically hold up my smile all night.

Maybe I could duct tape my lips? Maybe I could get Botox injections? Maybe I could hire a magicalย gnome who watches me in my sleep and touches my face when the time is right?

Bah, I give up. I’m not going to smile. Smiling is overrated. Who even cares if I follow my mother’s advice? I mean, it’s not like this is the first time I disobeyed her. I have “whipped cream” stained sheets to prove it.

What’s the worst that could happen? If I don’t smile, will be consequences? Is this one of those superstition things? Is it like seeing a black cat, walking under a ladder, or breaking a mirror with my ugly face?

If I don’t start my day with a smile, will I have bad luck forever? Will I get hurt? Will I fall out of a window? Will I crap my pants?

Maybe this is more serious than I thought. Mom, I’m starting every day with a diaper.

Nnie
Jan 09 4:24 am

Umm i'm twelve right now ๐Ÿ™‚
Thanks~

Vicky
Jan 09 4:04 am

Aww, your sweet ๐Ÿ˜€ haha.

Im the worst person to talk to in the morning. I either ignore you, or snap at you. Im always wake up in a bad mood lmao, especially if someone wakes me up. I dunno how people can be so happy in the morning :|

Sarah
Jan 09 4:02 am

Good thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ What about you? My mum says start each day with a smile as well. Gar. Good luck with the diapers! ๐Ÿ˜›

Monica
Jan 09 3:30 am

Well..on holidays atm so I'm up at 12 xD
But I can't do it. I've tried to but I end up groaning and going back to sleep.

Yesh…krump is quite interesting ๐Ÿ˜›
Do you have one of those funny names?
xD Well my older brother is "Baby Shutdown" he's had stuff like J Tank, baby cruz and stuff like that xD

Esme
Jan 09 2:42 am

wow i never thought of that before, my parents told me that i should start everyday with a smile too

Nnie
Jan 09 2:16 am

I don't know ugh yeah that sucks. But I keep playing in my computer even my parents see me, they're too tired to scolded me and such so finally they let me ๐Ÿ˜€ but I rarely talked to them.

Nnie
Jan 09 2:11 am

Well my parents didn't care about me, they don't care about me and they banned me from computer several months ago, they love my little stupid sister more than me and such. They don't understand me and they don't want to ๐Ÿ™

Carla
Jan 09 1:26 am

Well Luigi… lol I tend to start my day with my mouth just hanging open, I wonder what that means for my day? You never know, some days you may unknowingly start your day with a smile while you're dreaming. But then again… I think mom's only say that so they don't have to see the grumpy 'why-did-you-wake-me-up' look on their kids faces.

Justin R.
Jan 09 12:56 am

Cheater. <33

Mary
Jan 09 12:17 am

-burps louder- haha. i'm annoyed how about you?? BTW my birthday is in a month if you want to make me something ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jay
Jan 09 12:02 am

I wake up everyday with a headache and a "why the hell didn't i sleep longer' expression. My days don't start when a day start, unless it's a school day my day starts at lunch time… It's quite impossible and why would I smile when there is no need for one. If that be the case, I'd be best friends with the Joker. Then just maybe I could ask "Why So Serious"

Seeing as how much work that would take, I think starting the day off with a diaper, or maybe even toilet paper is FTW!

Reply to your comment: I stayed because I was sick.. then got better. xD I did have fun and umm, I went back on the 8th.. (x

Liz
Jan 08 11:53 pm

lol =O smile!! ;D

Nnie
Jan 08 11:24 pm

Yeah…or no. Umm I don't know. Maybe just when I'm in my home. My relationship with my family isn't really good. Lol

Lani
Jan 08 11:16 pm

Yeah diaper would probably be a good idea.
And yes… as a matter of fact you caught me on a good day lol.

Nnie
Jan 08 11:15 pm

First comment ๐Ÿ˜€
Not much, just chatting with my friends~

That's what my Mom used to say to because everyday my mouth frowning and such. She gave me 3-minutes-lecture today about that.

My name is Justin, and you've stumbled upon my home on the web. From writing and coding to theater and cosplay, I'm always up to something. I havenโ€™t been myself ever since I was born.