FEB

Crappy Birthday!

I might have Herpes.

Okay, not really. I don’t have Herpes. At least, I don’t think I do. I only said it to get your attention. And boy, did I ever! You were all like “OMG WHAT THE HELL AM I READING?” I felt judged, and it was great.

Anyway, I doย have something similar to Herpes. Like Herpes, what I have is unwelcome and typically goes unnoticed. I usually forget about it until it pops up and surprises me each year. It’s unpredictable, it causes pain, and it’s highly contagious. Sometimes I wish it would go away forever.

I’m talking, of course, about myย birthday. And be careful. Just from reading this, you might have one too.

So why am I using an elaborate metaphor to compare the aging process to genital warts? Well, frankly, I think it’s a fitting comparison. I absolutely detest birthdays. And since today is my birthday, it’s only polite that you agree with me.

Seriously. I hate them. As I get older, they frighten me. I don’t want to be reminded that my days are numbered. I don’t need to know how few years I have left on this planet. Why does everyone want to celebrate my upcoming death? Do you hate me that much?

Birthdays aren’t a big deal. Sure, living around my nut-job family and coworkers gets harder with each passing day, but is it truly worthy of a gently wrapped present?

I can understand throwing a party for people who pass the average life expectancy, but why are we celebrating when somebody turns 12? What’s so special about that? It’s expected. We were all born on a day. Congratulations for being average.

And all of these birthday traditions are bizarre. Do I really need a cake every year because I was expelled from a uterus?

Do I really need to blow out candles and make a wish? It’s not like the wishes ever come true. When I was a kid, I wished for telekinetic powers like Matilda from the Roald Dahl book. I thought it would be cool to move things around with my mind, but alas, no psychic powers for me.

In retrospect, I’m kind of glad the wish never came true. If it had, I would be super lazy. At a minimum, I’d be two hundred pounds heavier and maybe not even alive to “celebrate” this day.

But I digress. The concept of sticking candles in a dessert is bizarre and unsettling. Who was the sick asshole that decided to celebrate life with a safety hazard?. When I was a kid, I couldn’t run with scissors or hold a knife, but, yeah sure, pass me the flaming death cake.

Ugh. I truly hate that I’m getting older. But if I must acknowledge it every year, I need to find a better way to talk about it. Maybe I can make it fun and exciting? Yeah, that’s it. From now on, I’ll start saying that I “leveled up” like in a video game.

Only instead of getting power-ups or amazing Matilda-like abilities, the only perk I get each year is increasing lower back pain.

Kat - Kat
Mar 20 11:22 pm

The 3rd paragraph is so funny. hahahahahah

HAPPY BDAY TO YOU ๐Ÿ™‚

Stephanie
Mar 18 6:28 pm

Happy birthday, although it's a liiittle late! It's funny that you mentioned Matilda. I used to watch that movie over and over when I was little and then try to move things with my mind. Glad to know I wasn't the only one! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kristina
Mar 18 12:00 am

Happy belated birthday =) I wonder if that is true that birthdays are good for you. I'm sure it makes you happier so that may lead to a longer life span…can't really say that correlation proves causation though.

Chrys
Mar 14 4:02 am

Hello dude ๐Ÿ™‚

I have my very own website now. Woohoo. ๐Ÿ™‚ Will you change your link? – That is if you still want to be affies. Hehe.

And where have you gone? I'm missing your blogs ๐Ÿ™

Monica
Mar 13 7:36 pm

Happy birthday, hope you have an awesome day!

Mario
Mar 13 5:42 am

Haha, I know right. How's life been for you, dude? ๐Ÿ˜€

Kecia
Mar 13 5:25 am

That was a very entertaining post! Never heard of birthdays compared to herpes! ๐Ÿ˜›

Julie
Mar 13 5:17 am

Haha you're a funny one. 19 isn't anything to complain about. Birthdays are still fun cause you're not really an adult yet and people still get you gifts.

Trypp
Mar 12 12:53 pm

Oh geez, Justin, I’m so sorry I never came by to wish you a happy birthday!! O_O I have a gift for you though… I think it’s a lil girly for a guy, but I kept you in thought anyway :]
cryout86/affiegifts2/justin_ipeedalittle.gif

Stephine
Mar 12 12:53 pm

I'm baaack.
Where have you been?

faze
Mar 12 3:46 am

happy birthday dude!

Vincent
Mar 10 11:56 am

Hey Justin ๐Ÿ˜€
new site, just to let you know because my host has deleted scratch.mistersparrow haha :p

please change your link!

Stephine
Mar 09 11:26 pm

sugar-kiss.org is now stephinestunna.info (:

Celeste
Mar 09 3:33 am

Eeek my site's back… but not in time to celebrate your birthday, I'm afraid ๐Ÿ™
But it's okay, ignore the feeble excuse to save myself from the hassle of getting you a present. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I hope you post something interesting soon. School has been boring me to tears lately.

Natasha
Mar 08 6:54 pm

Oh my hahaha.. I was so confused for the longest time, Oi vey.

Anyways! *cough* My birthday is coming up to, except I'm that much more cool than you are because I'm turning 20 ; ) Errgh.. not really.. 20 is the worst to turn because you have that one.. more.. year.. before your legal to get plastered in a bar and not be afraid that you'll slip that your not 21 and get kicked out.. worst.. the popo's called. Hope your birthday is grand, darlin.

Toodlesss.

My name is Justin, and you've stumbled upon my home on the web. From writing and coding to theater and cosplay, I'm always up to something. I havenโ€™t been myself ever since I was born.