MAY

This Story is Explosive

Let’s do a thought experiment. Imagine it’s a beautiful Saturday morning. You just woke up and hopped out of bed. You’re a little groggy, but since you got to sleep in, you’re generally feeling fantastic. You slide on your Hello Kitty slippers, swallow your pride, and exit the bedroom.

You make your way to the kitchen for breakfast; humming an obnoxious little tune. Grabbing a box of cereal, you sing to yourself, “Oppa Gangnam Style.” You take a seat at the table and realize you have nothing to read. Remembering that the local newspaper is waiting for you on your doorstep, you jump up and journey to the front door. You venture into the driveway, and to your surprise, you notice two pipe bombs in the front lawn. What do you do?

No matter what you say, I guarantee it’s more sensible than what actually happened. Yup, this actually happened to somebody (sans the Psy soundtrack). In Hempstead, New York, a bus driver faced this exact same dilemma and made the absolute worst decision possible. Instead of waiting for help, she chose to personally deliver the bombs to police.

Sources say the woman wrapped the devices in blankets, tossed them in her empty school bus, and headed to the nearest police station. Along the way, she contacted authorities via cellphone and shouted, “I have a school bus filled with explosives!”

I couldn’t make this up. I don’t know about you, but I feel bad for the people around her. She put their lives in danger. I would never do anything so reckless to my neighbors. I’d cry with guilt for a month if I merely toilet-papered someone’s house.

I wonder if that bus driver knows how stupid she is? I mean, do idiots have the brain capacity to recognize that they don’t have the brain capacity?

I guarantee this isn’t the first stupid thing she’s done. Surely there were signs. I bet she doesn’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re.” I bet she types everything in Caps Lock. I bet she likes an Adam Sandler movie from the past five years.

Somebody probably put those pipe bombs on her lawn to kill her and make the world a better place.

I admire her bravery, though. If I were eye-to-eye with a deadly explosive, I’d scream at the top of my lungs, dive in the opposite direction, and hide under a car or something. I wouldn’t try to wrap the bomb in a warm fleece blanket.

She basically tucked it in like a baby. Was she trying to adopt it? Did she think she could prevent it from igniting if it took a little nappy-poo?

Honestly, if she can’t tell the difference between a child and a bomb, should she really be trusted with an entire school bus full of children? I mean, she was five minutes away from putting a diaper on it. And hell, a diaper might have made more sense. At least diapers can handle some types of explosions.

Regardless of her insane actions, the woman was not arrested. They let her slide because she had good intentions. She did, however, lose her job. Although she is probably devastated, she shouldn’t be. She has other employment opportunities on the way…

Trust me. Next year you will see her on the big screen with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock; trying to keep their bus above 50 miles per hour.

• Catherine
    May 14, 2009 11:35 am

Lol! Maybe she has mental problems, honestly? Lol?
    She tucked it in aswell xD!
    Some people are so crazy.

• Manda
    May 14, 2009 8:50 am

Yay you're back! Wow that woman was stupid. Where you been hiding?

• Julia
    May 14, 2009 7:32 am

Haha, that is also my favorite family ;p

• Natasha
    May 14, 2009 7:30 am

Haha, Oh dear. That entry made me laugh.

She was a crazy bus driver though. I mean seriously!? Tucking in a bomb. That's ridiculous. Not only she did that but she called the police saying she had explosives in her bus. They were probably thinking – terrorist, as soon as they hear that. Geez.

People these days . .

• Chrys
    May 14, 2009 7:13 am

I don't know what pipe-bombs are, but presuming I do I'd probably run down the road screaming my head off, "OUT!!! EVERYONE OUT THEIR HOUSES, PIPE BOMB IN MY GARDEN…. RUN RUN RUN!!!" Lol 😀

-.-.- Are you SERIOUS? Okay. Well, that would probably be me going "I have a bus full of weird things I found in my front garden… Help?" Lol. But wow… That's just kinda silly.

De-not-live-ery HAHAHAHA. Genius 😀

Want to link exchange again? I still have your link up from before…

• Brandon
    May 14, 2009 4:30 am

Yes it is, it's pretty awesome.
    Not scary, well maybe for you… THEY MIGHT HAVE ALIEN LEGENDS!

Wouldn't it be scary if alien's actually attacked earth?

• Mischa
    May 14, 2009 3:17 am

Thanks for visiting! Yeah it's a cup of coffee 🙂 I try to make a harder one next time. sorry for the short post this comment thing is a bit tricky…

• Mischa
    May 14, 2009 3:16 am

Th

• Cham
    May 14, 2009 1:28 am

Crazy lady..tsk!, the good thing about it is she was'nt arrested. But the sad thing is, she lost her job, so xD

• Lee
    May 13, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm planning to make a blog with ALL the artwork I made, I'll let you know when I make it! By the way, you should make more videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOWWWWW >:D

• Clarisse
    May 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Thanks, but I really doubt my site is whatever that word is, lol

• Kelsi
    May 13, 2009 10:34 pm

aw thank you! its gotta look good while im doing all those boring rants, raves, and reviews now, lol. and right back at cha, your site name is hilarious! most people are so serious about their names, what fun is that tho, honestly! lol welp thanks again for visiting- don't be shy now 😀

• Kristi
    May 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Somehow, I still managed to get surprised by people's stupidity. Oohhh bombs! Let's wrap them in fuzzy blankets. Maybe if I'm nice to them.. they wont esplode and keel me! *cuddles bomb*

really?

*facepalm*

• Rachel
    May 13, 2009 8:26 pm

thanks for visiting my site =D i like ur layout especially the color combination.

• AnneMarie
    May 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Haha, where'd you find this story? That really is dumb. I wonder if she realized that bombs CAN EXPLODE. Haha, thanks for stopping by the site by the way. =)