MAY

This Story is Explosive

Let’s do a thought experiment. Imagine it’s a beautiful Saturday morning. You just woke up and hopped out of bed. You’re a little groggy, but since you got to sleep in, you’re generally feeling fantastic. You slide on your Hello Kitty slippers, swallow your pride, and exit the bedroom.

You make your way to the kitchen for breakfast; humming an obnoxious little tune. Grabbing a box of cereal, you sing to yourself, “Oppa Gangnam Style.” You take a seat at the table and realize you have nothing to read. Remembering that the local newspaper is waiting for you on your doorstep, you jump up and journey to the front door. You venture into the driveway, and to your surprise, you notice two pipe bombs in the front lawn. What do you do?

No matter what you say, I guarantee it’s more sensible than what actually happened. Yup, this actually happened to somebody (sans the Psy soundtrack). In Hempstead, New York, a bus driver faced this exact same dilemma and made the absolute worst decision possible. Instead of waiting for help, she chose to personally deliver the bombs to police.

Sources say the woman wrapped the devices in blankets, tossed them in her empty school bus, and headed to the nearest police station. Along the way, she contacted authorities via cellphone and shouted, “I have a school bus filled with explosives!”

I couldn’t make this up. I don’t know about you, but I feel bad for the people around her. She put their lives in danger. I would never do anything so reckless to my neighbors. I’d cry with guilt for a month if I merely toilet-papered someone’s house.

I wonder if that bus driver knows how stupid she is? I mean, do idiots have the brain capacity to recognize that they don’t have the brain capacity?

I guarantee this isn’t the first stupid thing she’s done. Surely there were signs. I bet she doesn’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re.” I bet she types everything in Caps Lock. I bet she likes an Adam Sandler movie from the past five years.

Somebody probably put those pipe bombs on her lawn to kill her and make the world a better place.

I admire her bravery, though. If I were eye-to-eye with a deadly explosive, I’d scream at the top of my lungs, dive in the opposite direction, and hide under a car or something. I wouldn’t try to wrap the bomb in a warm fleece blanket.

She basically tucked it in like a baby. Was she trying to adopt it? Did she think she could prevent it from igniting if it took a little nappy-poo?

Honestly, if she can’t tell the difference between a child and a bomb, should she really be trusted with an entire school bus full of children? I mean, she was five minutes away from putting a diaper on it. And hell, a diaper might have made more sense. At least diapers can handle some types of explosions.

Regardless of her insane actions, the woman was not arrested. They let her slide because she had good intentions. She did, however, lose her job. Although she is probably devastated, she shouldn’t be. She has other employment opportunities on the way…

Trust me. Next year you will see her on the big screen with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock; trying to keep their bus above 50 miles per hour.

• tiaralynn
    May 14, 2009 8:18 pm

omg. lol she is a crazy bus driver. lol
    was there kids in the bus with the explosive? i hope not.
    glad she was fired though.

• Sean
    May 14, 2009 7:30 pm

I totally wrote a comment on here and apparently I did something wrong. I am a genius!

So….Boyfriend of mine…. you are beautiful. FYI. I heard this entire story in the car with you and you basically told it to me word for word. Yet I loved reading it. YAY! And I can't wait to hear more. And your songs….more songs….YAY! I can't wait!

I love you! hehe.

• Georgina
    May 14, 2009 7:24 pm

GRRR it lost my comment. Poo poo poo. Told me to type characters from the image WHICH I DID….. O.o

Anyhoooo. Count yourself still special! I added you to my big page of links 😀

• Evtiff
    May 14, 2009 6:18 pm

YOUR BACK?! lol and selena gomez is from wizards of wizardly place another show on the disney channel lol yea ashley has a cd coming out. I think more broadway singers should get a CD or EVEN YOU:) cause ashley tisdale sounds so bad.

Do you want to be affies again?! i moved u to an exit page cause you had a very long hiatus lol

and wow i think she's brave and a little stuupid. I meean bombs?! i would call the cops but not touch them. Knowing me i would press the wrong thing on them

• Kitty
    May 14, 2009 3:57 pm

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this website. Your blogs make me giggle <3 I, too, moan and hump walls during thunderstorms XD

• Kristina
    May 14, 2009 3:57 pm

hey! thanks for the comment. wanna link ex? 🙂

• Rochelle
    May 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Good new entry.

• Isi
    May 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Wow really? because you love yourself more? haha that kinda makes sense lol wow your site has alot of stuff!!! which is awesome btw 😀
    i would probably be very very creeped out and just run faster than you can say boom
    haha where did you find the story?
    maybe she did think it would nt ignite if it took a nap XD

• Katie
    May 14, 2009 3:02 pm

hehe, the anti-spam code said 'twats' anywayyy. That amused me way too much!

The talent show thing was actually really good. I knew some people doing it, and the winner sang 'Wind Beneath My Wings' by.. uh.. can't remember.

Oh yah, my twitter. Ha! I forgot about that!

• thuyy
    May 14, 2009 2:30 pm

WHATT??! i love gossip girl!
    i dunno why you think its boring…xD

• Amanda
    May 14, 2009 2:05 pm

aww thanks; the weather is getting better; it rained once this week so I guess that's an improvement ! xD

• Anna
    May 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Uh sure? LMAO

• Dianne
    May 14, 2009 1:35 pm

That was soo jerky. HAHAHA! Made me hella laugh. But tho, it's freaky. HAHA!

• Sage
    May 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Wow. lol. That is insane. People demonstrate how stupid they are each and everyday. I'd be damned if I'd touch a bomb!

• Sonya
    May 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks C= I hate prefinals though because they're 10% of our final grade. I don't get why they grade a practice.. O_O