JUN

A Friendly Game of Peek-a-Boo

When I was a kid, I did some really weird shit…

I liked to tie yarn around dolls’ necks, lynch them over our staircase, and leave them hanging for my mom to discover.

Sometimes I would turn off all the lights, scream “Mortal Kombat,” and whack my family with an inflatable bat.

One time I boobie-trapped our house because I was scared those talking M&M guys were coming to get me.

Every Friday, I would put on my mom’s high-heeled shoes and “perform” classic Madonna songs. Surprisingly, my mother never picked up that I was gay.

Looking back, one of my strangest childhood rituals was a game I created. The game was simple: every time I saw my dad, I had to make the goofiest face imaginable. Sometimes I’d squint my eyes. Other times, I’d pull on my ears. One time, I distinctly remember putting a Hot Wheels car in my mouth and spitting it at him.

I even provided sound effects, which often made me sound like a dying cat. My faces got so f***ed up that my eyes were eventually popping out like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Total Recall. At first, my dad was mortified, but eventually, he joined in on the fun. It was like playing peek-a-boo, but with all parties involved looking constipated.

My dad’s faces were NEVER as good as mine. Well, almost never. When I was four years old, he totally owned me. I remember it vividly; I popped out from behind my bed, delivering the craziest face I could muster. Without missing a beat, my father retaliated by falling to the floor, pouting up his lips, and rolling his eyes in the back of his head. Whoa… he had stepped up his game.

I fought back by pulling on my hair and making goat noises. But as my dad continued to flop around like a wounded pigeon, I admitted I was no match for his brilliance. I conceded and started laughing at him. He didn’t stop; opting to continue motorboating the air. Damn. How the hell was he making such an awesome face?

Well, it turns out he was having a seizure.

Deanna
Jun 21 4:44 pm

What a weird game you were playing with your dad. Did that actually happen? That would be so scary. Did you ever play that game again?

Sunny
Jun 21 5:47 am

Haha, that made me pee a little too! >W< Your dad seems so cool!!!!! It's really awesome that you guys had such a special game together πŸ™‚ I grew up with my grandparents (because my parents were at school working for their masters degrees,) so I'm not THAT close to my parents πŸ™ I love them and I enjoy their company a lot, but I wish I had those fun times with my dad too! πŸ˜›
I clicked on the video and I didn't realize my volume was up so loud… scared the daylight out of me haha XD but the bulging eyes part was so funnyyy XD

Jenny Aster
Jun 19 3:52 pm

I was a rather…tame child compared to you then. I mainly just gave my little sister a lot of elder sisterly grief and had a uselessly wild imagination. Silly faces were never really my thing.

The ending of this blog was a huge shocker; thanks, Justin. The ending sentiment of "that made me pee a little" really does help. haha I hope your dad was okay following the seizure though.

Jayy
Jun 18 11:13 am

i miss being little. that's when it's socially acceptable to make up games… unlike rolling duct tape across the floor trying to hit objects at work (which yes, i did last night). see, I'm still making up weird games to entertain myself.

my friend's younger brother used to rip the heads off our barbies, so i don't think what you did was too outlandish.

plot twist surprise ending! don't think anyone saw that coming. i repeat everyone's sentiments that i hope he is ok and that the rest of the story didn't leave you scarred.

Amanda
Jun 16 12:06 pm

LOL it's alright, we've all had our share of weird games as children. The most important part is that you enjoyed them XD

Aw I hope your dad was okay in the end XD When we're little we never know about these kind of things !

nyuu
Jun 16 3:03 am

haha that's horrible!

But I hope your dad is okay now…I hope you're okay.

When I was little, I would scream MORTAL KOMBAT, too. 'tis was one my favorite game when I was little.

Krystal
Jun 15 2:13 pm

Everything seemed very lighthearted until the end! I'm assuming your dad is fine since that occurred, right??

In elementary school, I didn't have many friends. So during recess, I would talk to myself and act out a story. I barely remember anything I ever said to myself. πŸ˜›

I can't remember anything else that sticks out from my childhood about myself. I'm pretty boring.

Hyeoni
Jun 14 11:29 pm

Woah…was your dad okay?! The end was completely unexpected! I was like …hahaha…aw…hahaha……shock… o.o

That was good (the beginning story) and very sneaky! πŸ˜› The things you did were pretty weird, LOL. I used to play epic sounding music when no one is around, turn of the lights and act like the main heroine in tragedy. I even cried in my own acting. -__-

Jen
Jun 14 7:42 pm

hahaha…great story. I am assuming your dad was ok after the fact.

Tiara Lynn
Jun 13 8:14 pm

Lol. I love this story but the end was not expected. You should write a book. I'd totally read it.

I hope your dad is okay.

April
Jun 12 3:22 pm

So your childhood was normal basically πŸ˜› The entire reason you did all of that stuff back then was so you would have perfect content for hilarious stories like this just for us! πŸ™‚

…was your dad ok? πŸ™

Meaghan
Jun 12 1:07 pm

Wow… thanks. That's why you were marked as spam!
And yeah, they're real. I joined some Webs sites' contests & they would comment my blog telling me that they received my entry or some stupid sh*t like that. :|

Thanks! πŸ™‚ I'm not so excited that I'm a freshman again. πŸ™

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF THESE EPIC FACES? Or you in high heels as a kid? πŸ˜‰

Awh, sad face for your Dad. πŸ™

Emmie
Jun 12 12:27 pm

lmao! you honestly did some weird things in childhood.. but then again i think we all did XD i lavv this font you're using it's like oooooh cwute.. yeah.. being random XD

Dorine
Jun 11 1:16 am

Oh my goodness, that's so cute! And, yeah, pretty weird. πŸ˜‰ But it's still adorable. πŸ˜›

Awesome game! Sigh, I wish I knew of it earlier, so I could use it on my dad. I'm not too old, but still. It'll seem weird if I pop the game out suddenly.

Whoa. That threw me off a little. πŸ˜› Why do you always write such awesome posts?

Signed,
Green Monster πŸ˜‰

Alice
Jun 11 12:35 am

Whoa, DAMN Justin, why do you always write brilliant stuff and then just throw people off like that? xD Hope your dad's okay though! Um, yeah >_>

So much lmao to your little kid weird shit though, haha! And I totally know what you mean about making weird faces (uh, I still do that sometimes to my family members xD).

Damn, your mom <i>totally</i> should've picked up on your being gay after wearing heels and <i>performing Madonna</i>. Lord knows that if I were her, I would've xD